Full of Glee at not having to to go gaga over Clash of the Titans

Apr 6, 2010


I've been hearing a lot about Glee ( TV Serial) ever since it began to air on Fox last year. In the beginning I was not sure if I needed another singing and dancing routine to keep me sedated with a  stupid grin on my face. I really did not need another teen drama ( considering there is soooooooo much teen drama in the adult " real "world we live in).

Mad Men was very interesting because I suppose it was intelligent and reflective, but did I need another complex drama on the "deep" ( read : convoluted)  human relations, mixed with ruminations on work and life...? Erm... I dunno...So I kind of took a back seat...got back to the books and the usual riff - raff...till I had a calling!

Glee, came to me by surprise....I had nothing better to do one fine day, had the DVD around Heartman's table....picked it up...plugged it in...and I don't recall anything after that.

Glee is something that made me happy as a puppy...sometimes a bit sad...then it made me very happy as a puppy again :D.  It  gave me a good high... as good as one could get on a passive euphoric level ( whatever that is!)..

Glee, is as it is very commonly described, is a High School Musical meets American Idol jamboree...in fact its pilot was pegged to the American Idol finale last year. But unlike the HSM and AI...this is not all that syrupy or mushy or "soft".
Yes, it is a High School series but in a more relevant and exuberant kinda way...
It has strong satire, realistically placed sentimentality ( often very  little of it)....the characters completely identifiable and is very good for the morale ( come to think of it, you can believe things are possible with all that serotonin running wild!).
This one is completely out to make you make you happy....the music ( the main feature) is awsome! wonderfully rendered ( sometimes in a different format/context etc) by a bunch of amazingly talented kids. I mean, I found my self singing every single I could sing to...

There is nothing really very original about this one, but there is so much original heart and soul and Its not overbearing......that's my favorite aspect.

The cast is totally cute and totally talented! Rachel Berry ( Lea Michele), Finn ( Cory Monteith), Mercedes Jones ( Amber Riley), Kurt (Chris Colfer)...are very impressive with their own personality quirks.
The adults of the show...played by Mathew Morrison  ( Will Shuester ) and Jayma Mays ( Emma)...are quite good.

The show has a good balance as it focuses on every ones lives...the teens and the adults...it keeps the balance. The performances ( singing and the dancing bit) had me get up and groove for a long time.
I really like this one. That's why I saw 13 episodes back to back :D

It seems there is more amazing music on the way with the next season incorporating Madonna , Lady Gaga...

------

Over the weekend, I also saw Clash of The Titans, an attempt at a  remake in my opinion, its advancement is more technical...and one could probably expect that...now that we can do stuff like Avatar!
If you like some adrenalin boost via some vivid action ( albeit computer generated)  and some good ol' eye candy ( Sam Worthington /Gemma Artherton/ Alexa Devalos)... this is your movie.
The only guy, who probably impressed me with acting skills was Ralph Fiennes ( who some how gave me a Harry Potter De ja vu in his particular role of Hades!)

Would I watch it ? Probably read a book on Greek mythology....but if not handy and if I'm feeling the urge for my FX fix...then maybe yes...but then again... I could probably just watch it  to ogle a Sam Worthington ( that a legit reason right? ).

Its 4.5/10 for me.


i'm kind o getting intrigued by how "The A Team" is going to come around...this was one of my favorite  TV drama's as a kid... I only wonder. Well...if its anything... there is Bradley Cooper...at least the movies gonna look good :D.
-------------------

Snopes is an interesting website...it aims at demystifying urban legends! More on this one soon.
DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS