3 Movies and a Blank

Aug 31, 2010


Blanks are interesting…look, tonight,  its made me make  a small Ketel One Oranje- one ice , and a slice of that citrus…a sip and I’m groovy all over.
Then there is James Franco looking straight thru the covers of a magazine….
I could be in heaven, but it's raining outside….seems the skies are making it a  habit with me, they tear apart, just when I’m trying to fill in the spaces….I suppose the more the twists and turns, the better the tale.

So, how does it feel to be wide awake in a dream….?
…intense,
maybe.
------

I caught up with a few movies recently…Salt, Date Night .....

These two didn’t leave much of an impact so I'm going to go with 5/10 for both. No make that 5.25/10 for Date Night and that’s a  1.25 points only for a shirtless Mark Whalberg…seriously, there is nothing much else… Tina and Steve should have been electrical…but strangely I saw no magic…and with no magic, well…u know how it goes....

Salt- aims at being the female version of James Bond, I don’t think the movie makers succeeded ….I was awfully hurting thru out the movie.
Nuff said there.

I saw Expendables too- Why? I really dunno, but I think I lost a bet to Heartman...it was pretty much amnesia after that.  no points here, I cant rate what I dont remember...right ?

Then there was Benny and Joon....I still have that movie lurking in my mind. 
1993 make with Johnny Depp, Aidan Quinn, the lovely Julianne Moore and Mary Masterson.

This is a story of a mentally ill girl finding her love in an equally quirky guy.
The movie showcases Johnny in good element individually ...and I wish I had come across this act earlier.
I suppose though that this one is not for everyone..., the slow romance, ability to relate mostly  to Benny ( Joons care taking Brother- Aidan), the overall "too cuteness", the color palette with it's mostly balmy yellow and brown tones...sleepish... the loosely strung story line...I could go on...
 But what is for everyone on display is the craft of  Mr. Depp....in his chaplinesque physical comedy version.

This is a 6.5/10 for me

 ----
127 Hours...Im counting to the release.

-----

I do not know, how easy it is to remain engaging every second of the day...especially when you are a whole bundle of various engagements.
It's a lot to ask, and tiresome at best...just being is probably the most enticing part. 
Quick and constant thrills...Kill.

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS