Highlights from a Holiday

Oct 9, 2014

I took a break - or as I would like to put it - took some time off to be utterly selfish for real and get away from the crazy concept of life that has been my definition for the past few months .

It felt a little scary till the run up to the holiday - what am I doing , why am I going? A break ? Why ? There us too much competition .... It was not easy , but once the ball started rolling - I guess rest of it was pretty smooth. Sometimes things are ment to happen .

My physical body was crying for some help ...it was tired , emotionally fatigued and spiritually vacant :( --- it's not easy when all these things are sounding out alarm bells . Sometimes it's not a resolution of a problem that needs addressing - sometime all one needs ( spiritually , emotionally and physically ) is some time away - literally away from the maddening crowd .

So it came to pass - after some 20 months of no real break a 6 day holiday - something I'm so greatful for .

While - the trip itself was really nice - but it's the trip that I took to evaluate my situation which left its most lasting impression .

Highlights :

A) Always carry Sunscreen !!!! unless you want to look like a baked or half baked cookie ... Crumbling even !😂😜

B) You have one life - Work and Work relations are NOT everything - infact when I die , I doubt I will even be thinking of how good an "employee" I was or what I achieved - I realized that all that mattered to me was being a good human being in all facets if my life - work is just one - there are more facets which are starving for my attention.

C) learn to enjoy with carefree abandon ! Don't think too much or feel guilty about having fun !! ( yes I do that)... amuse , be amazed ! 

D) Learn to empty your mind - spend a few minutes having absolutely nothing in your head - trust me it's a BIG achievement if you can do it for a few minutes !

E) Sleep - Deep Sleep - so crucial ! Your body needs time off  , it needs to be fed and relaxed and nurtured !

F) Accept your calling or at least listen to what tugs away at your heart ! Please - don't let the head always get away with what it wants.

G) don't pretend to be what you are not !

H) be greatful

I) drink water ... As much as your body needs - you know your limits . 

J) don't take things too personally - there is no point.





DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS