Near Death Experience

Feb 13, 2015

For some reason , this article caught my attention lately and made me pause and think ...

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/feb/11/first-person-i-fell-under-a-moving-train-in-india

Makes me wonder what would be my second thought if I had a near death experience ? 

Hmm - actually I did have a near experience !!! Not as dramatic as falling under a moving train - but close enough !

I was a fresh campus recruit - headed for the very first day of my job in Equities . So damn excited to be a part of a market that was exciting 24/7- mostly 7 days a week- analyzing stocks- finally putting to "work" all those fundamentals and excel sheets that actually meant something !

Woke up super early , took the 30-40 min train ride , reached CST( or Victoria Terminus as it was known earlier in Mumbai which was also known as Bombay back then ) and from there it was a 15 -20 minute walk to Kala Ghoda - now more famous for its arts festival.

Walking along , I came to an under construction building -and despite the signs that said don't walk under this - I thought who on earth would work so early on the site- and decided to take a detour walking along the site.                                        

Barely a fraction of a second that took me to place my right foot ahead of left ( as I passed the building) - a huge building block came crashing down with such a thud - I just turned around -a fraction of a second late and I would have been human rubble!!! 
Goodness! I said - immediately followed by Thank God ! Else I would have been late for the first day of work !! 

Site Workers screamed back " bacchi - aap bach  gaye!" - approx translated : girl you got saved.

Sigh - I still get stumped by what I gave priority to back then ...
DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS